Monday, October 19, 2009

let's switch things up a bit.


So, I kind of want to get into my blogging more, people say they like my blogs and I should write more of them, but I think I'm thinking too hard about it lol. So I'm just going to start doing random shit, and my goal is to write something at least once a week.

Ok, so lately, I've been thinking that I don't want to lose the little bit of talent I have in music..lol so I want to improve my piano skills back up again. I want to get at least as good as I used to be. It won't be easy, but I think it's worth it. I can still read music, thank God, but I can't do it as fast as I used to. Like I see the notes and know what they are, but I've been away from the keys so long, I actually have to look down at my hands. So then I have to label my music to save myself the time lol.

Ughhh but it's annoying and I will overcome it. I decided that on Tuesdays, after my World Politics class, which is over at 12:15, I'll go to the Performing Arts Center and practice some stuff. I think that should build up my skill a little bit. And any other time that I might happen to be on campus with nothing to do, I'm going to go there.

I miss my fucking keys man...I used to just play for the sake of playing, like playing instruments used to calm me down when I was upset about things. But it's almost lost to me now...



So I'm learning this song called, "One Time" by Justin Bieber, you've probably heard it before, and you probably are asking "What the hell" when I said that. Yeah, Justin Bieber may seem a little cheesy, but when the song is played on the piano, it's amazing. The sheet music that I took a picture of is the simplified version...I'll do the more advanced one when I get better again. The piano arrangements that I've heard people transcribe on youtube sound so beautiful so I decided that I wanted to try that song. A lot of people who do this song sing along with it, but I'll decide whether or not to do that once I learn the chords...and ALL the words to the song.

I'm pretty sure that I'll never record it though. lol

But I will record myself playing something, once I get up and running again.

Otherwise, I think I'm doing pretty well...uh huh.

I think I'm going to start making greater use of my youtube. I don't know what I'll be doing, maybe I'll do some video blogs sometime. like when I go places. But yessir, that is my blog. =]
Hope you likedd....

-trip.

0 comments: